Your furnace is on the fritz—should you call in the pros? Many homeowners like to complete projects in a DIY fashion as often as possible. This is understandable, as it can reduce home maintenance costs and help the homeowner learn more about the systems of the home. Some instances, however, call for professional, affordable HVAC services in Oklahoma City, OK.
If you are experiencing HVAC issues, use the following as a guide to determine whether you should attempt repairs yourself or call for back up from the experts:
- Burning smell: Do you detect an odor that smells like burning plastic? If so, turn off your HVAC unit and call for affordable HVAC service in Oklahoma City, OK. A burning smell indicates an electrical issue that could pose a fire hazard. This is not a repair that can wait. Left unattended, the issue will likely worsen and could cause major damage to the system and your home. Because damaged electrical parts are probably involved, it is best to contact a professional technician to handle the issue.
- Bill spike: Have you noticed a sudden spike in your energy consumption? This often indicates problems with your HVAC system. You might be losing heat through leaky ducts or other improper airflow issues. Low refrigerant levels can also cause inefficient operations for air conditioning. For any of these issues, a professional should be called to investigate the problem and make any necessary repairs. Making this call for affordable HVAC service in Oklahoma City, OK will pay off in the long run as you save on future utility bills.
- Dust storm: Has an unusually large layer of dust formed on your furniture? Unless you recently fired the cleaning service, this could be due to a filtration problem with your HVAC system. You can try changing the filter on your furnace first. If this does not correct the dust influx, contact the experts to examine your HVAC system for other problems.
- Losing your cool: If your air conditioning unit is running, but no cool air is coming out, you should call a professional. There is probably an issue with the refrigerant. The system may need to be recharged, it may need a new part or the unit may need to be replaced entirely. A trained technician can diagnose the issue to determine which solution is needed.
- Tripping: If the circuit breaker that powers your HVAC unit trips, this issue should be handled by a professional. This situation indicates an electrical issue that could prove hazardous. Turn off the heating unit and call for affordable HVAC service in Oklahoma City, OK.
Get Affordable Assistance
When you experience these HVAC issues, don’t hesitate to contact the experts for assistance. You’ll save time and money in the long run by getting the repair done right the first time. It’s also safer to let the experts handle these potentially dangerous situations. For excellence in service and affordable rates, contact the pros at Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning today.
Categorised in: Affordable HVAC Service
This post was written by Writer