We don’t have to tell you that indoor air quality is important, especially for those with severe allergies. You shouldn’t have a hard time breathing while you’re relaxing in your home just because the air inside is full of pollen, dust, pet dander and other junk. Luckily, keeping your air clean doesn’t have to be all that tricky. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Change your air filter: The easiest (and cheapest) way to increase your air quality is to just change your air filter. Your air filter is responsible for blocking dust, pollen and other pollutants from flowing into your home. Change it every month or so to ensure it can continue to do their job of keeping your air pure. The best part? Basic air filters only cost a couple bucks and are available at any hardware store. As an added bonus, changing your air filters will keep your HVAC system running much more efficiently.
- Clean your HVAC system: As you can imagine, HVAC units get dirty over the course of the year. Dirt and debris get lodged in the system, robbing the unit of power and blowing nasty air into your home. Luckily, cleaning out your HVAC in Oklahoma City, OK is as easy as picking up the phone. Give Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning a call today for an HVAC cleaning. After we’re done, your unit will be as clean as a whistle and run as well as it possibly can.
- Monitor carbon monoxide levels: Allergens in the air aren’t the most deadly thing in your home—carbon monoxide is. Known as the silent killer, this odorless gas seeps in through your air vents and can cause severe illness or even death to those inside. Carbon monoxide leaks out through improperly working HVAC systems and flows into your home without your even knowing it. The only way to tell that you have a carbon monoxide issue is with a carbon monoxide detector. Make sure carbon monoxide detectors are fully functioning and placed on each level of your home.
- Vacuum regularly: Cleaning up around the house isn’t the most fun thing to do, but it can do a lot to help improve your indoor air quality. Vacuum your carpets and rugs regularly to suck up any dust or pet dander. Doing so will ensure those allergens don’t float up into the air and affect everyone’s breathing.
- Schedule HVAC inspection: When you call us for HVAC cleaning, we won’t just clean your system—we’ll inspect it to see if anything is wrong with it. One of our professionals will pore over every aspect of your unit to make sure everything looks the way it should. We can repair or replace any parts that look like they’re broken or at risk of breaking in the near future. Calling now for an inspection can save you hundreds of dollars down the line on repairs and ensure your air quality is pure!
Don’t delay in calling Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning today for cleaning or inspection. Summertime is often the worst time of year for indoor air pollution. Calling today can do wonders to improve your air quality and the performance of your HVAC in Oklahoma City, OK!
Categorised in: HVAC
This post was written by Writer