Ductless Mini-Splits Are Gaining in PopularityOctober 2, 2018 3:36 pm Leave your thoughts
Are you tired of paying sky-high electric bills every summer? Is there a room addition in your future? Are you looking to upgrade your older home’s HVAC system, but concerned about the high price of adding ductwork? A ductless mini-split may be the HVAC solution for you. This economical and energy efficient option is being used more and more in many different types of homes across Oklahoma City. It just may be the ideal solution for your situation. Below, your HVAC experts in Oklahoma City, OK explore why ductless mini-splits are gaining in popularity.
What is a Mini-Split?
A ductless mini-split is a heating and cooling system that will allow you to control the temperature in an individual room or space. It does not use the traditional ductwork that travels throughout the house. There is no central AC unit or heating unit. It functions independently from a central system.
The unit consists of two main components: an outdoor compressor/condenser and an indoor air handling unit/evaporator. These relatively small units are easily installed, and the conduit connecting the two requires a three-inch hole through the wall for lines connecting the two.
How Does a Mini-Split Work?
The controls are located on the indoor unit. The desired temperature is set. Either warm or cool air will blow from the indoor unit/evaporator to achieve the desired temperature. The air will be re-circulated from the room itself rather than through the ductwork. The mini-split is exceptionally quiet, as the condenser located outdoors.
The indoor and outdoor unit are connected by three lines: the communication cables, power cables and the refrigerant line. A condensation drain line also extends outdoors from the indoor unit. This simple configuration is both easy to install and simple to maintain.
Benefits of a Mini-Split
There are many reasons why the ductless mini-split is becoming so popular:
- Mini-splits are far more affordable than installing an expensive system of ductwork. Owners of older homes without ductwork are finding this a great option. People who are adding rooms to their homes are also finding a mini-split a cost-effective option.
- Mini-splits are more energy efficient the central heating and air conditioning systems. Rather than heating or cooling an entire house, only the desired rooms need to be heated or cooled. Ductless systems also lose less cooling than traditional forced-air systems.
- Mini-splits offer more control. Individual rooms can be customized at different temperatures. Sleeping rooms can be cooler, while gathering rooms could be set at a warmer temperature.
- Mini-splits are quieter than traditional heating and air conditioning systems. Compared with the noisy window air conditioning units or even a loud furnace, the outdoor compressor of a mini-split is very quiet while it is operating.
- Mini-splits are easier and quicker to install than a traditional HVAC system.
Choosing the Right HVAC in Oklahoma City, OK
If you are interested in learning more about the latest in HVAC technology, contact the experts at Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning. We are your trusted team for HVAC in Oklahoma City, OK. Family owned and operated since 1994, we look forward to providing amazing service at competitive prices. Give us a call today to see how we can make your home more comfortable.
Categorised in: HVAC
This post was written by Writer