There’s already a chill in the air, and it’s still fall. Soon, opening the windows early in the mornings and late in the evenings won’t be possible—it’ll be too cold! Your home’s heater will be running most the day throughout the winter season to keep you toasty warm, which means you’ll be breathing in more indoor air than outdoor air. Whether you do your own home maintenance or hire a professional for affordable HVAC service in Oklahoma City, OK, the key to enjoying healthy indoor air is preparation. Prep your home’s heating system now to ensure comfort and safety during the upcoming colder months!
From setting a regular cleaning and maintenance routine to installing an air filtration system, improving the quality of the air you breathe at home is easy to do. Here are some tips and tricks to help you avoid poor indoor air quality this winter:
- Change system filters: Your HVAC system might have one air filter or multiple. First, check the air intake vent. This vent is typically large and found in a central location in the house. Replace this air filter every one to four months—check to see how dirty it is—but do take the manufacturer’s recommendation into account. Establish and stick to an inspection schedule during the winter months, because people and pets being inside more means extra fur, pet dander, skin cells, hair, dust and debris to clog up filters. Also, be sure to check the furnace filter. Change if needed.
- Clean registers and vents: Since the air from your HVAC system blows through registers and vents, there’s no doubt they’ll get dusty. Removing dust and debris from these areas is as simple as carefully removing vent covers and using a hand duster or vacuum wand attachment as far back as you can reach. Do this periodically to cut down on the amount of dust that ends up circulating throughout your home.
- Schedule professional maintenance: The DIY approach is great for many homeowners, but you can also get on a regular professional maintenance schedule or make appointments as needed with a local HVAC maintenance company. If you’re looking for affordable HVAC service in Oklahoma City, OK, contact Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning!
- Wipe down ceiling fan blades: If you have ceiling fans and expect to use them this winter, make sure to clean them well. Reversing the direction of your ceiling fan blades to turn clockwise helps push warm air down. This helps circulate the warm air from your heater from room to room, meaning you can turn down the thermostat a bit and still be comfortable.
- Install a UV disinfection system: Your indoor air can be even healthier with a UV disinfection system installation. Some systems are installed throughout your ductwork, while others insert directly into the air intake opening. These systems don’t capture airborne particles, but they do remove toxic gases, bacteria, viruses, germs and odors with the help of low-voltage UV light.
For the most affordable HVAC service in Oklahoma City, OK, don’t hesitate to contact Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning. Call us today for more information about our HVAC maintenance program!
Categorised in: Affordable HVAC Service
This post was written by Writer