Central heating and air conditioning keeps our homes comfortable 24/7, 365 days a year. Your furnace keeps you nice and toasty in the winter, and your AC cools your home when the temperatures begin to soar outside. Unfortunately, there may come a time when your HVAC system starts to fail and will need to be replaced with a new one.
Though you may consider yourself pretty handy when it comes to replacing and upgrading things around the house, heating and cooling systems should always be professionally installed. Keep reading to learn about why installing new HVAC in Oklahoma City, OK should be left to the pros:
- Efficiency: Energy efficiency is the name of the game right now in the heating and cooling industry. Units are now designed to save you hundreds of dollars throughout the year on your energy bills, as long as they’re installed properly. Do-it-yourself installation can go awry, leaving you with a unit that’s not very energy efficient, which means that you’re practically throwing money out the window.
- Functionality: What’s the point in having a new AC or furnace if it doesn’t work right? There’s a good chance that you’ll mess something up when trying to install a unit by yourself. Even if you can get the unit to turn on, it may not heat or cool your home as well as it’s supposed to.
- Lifespan: As long as it has annual maintenance, an HVAC system should last between 10 and 15 years. That’s assuming you have it installed professionally—setting up your new HVAC system by yourself can drastically shorten your unit’s service time, meaning you’ll likely need to replace it sooner rather than later.
- Warranty: Your new HVAC unit should come with a warranty that’s good for at least a couple of years. Be sure to read the fine print, though—some warranties become void if the unit isn’t installed by a trained professional.
Steps to take before HVAC installation
Though our installation technicians will handle all of the dirty work when it’s time to get down to business, we do ask that you perform a couple steps prior to the scheduled installation appointment:
- Obtain permits: Depending on where you live, you might have to get a permit to install a new heating or cooling unit. If you do need one, be sure to have that permit on hand before we arrive to set up your new system.
- Clean up the area: Make way for your new AC or furnace! For exterior ACs and heat pumps, move any outdoor furniture and trim up any overgrown plants or trees. There also shouldn’t be any clutter near indoor HVAC equipment, so be sure to tidy up the area where your new system will go.
When it comes to HVAC in Oklahoma City, OK, don’t trust anyone but Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning! In addition to speedy installation, we offer a variety of other services, including maintenance and repairs, to meet all of your heating and cooling needs.
Categorised in: HVAC
This post was written by Writer