It’s time to face facts: summer is almost here. The temperatures are already rising, and they aren’t going down any time soon. Now’s when you want to ensure that your air conditioning unit is going to be up to the task of battling against the blazing hot sun. You want your HVAC system in tip-top shape to deal with whatever summer throws at it.
That means you need professionals in AC service in Oklahoma City, OK to offer a helping hand. Going through routine checklist items now can help you avoid major problems later. Read on to find out how a trusted technician can provide preventative maintenance so that your AC runs cool all the way until autumn. Here are the main items a professional will go through:
- Checking refrigerant levels and adjusting as needed to maintain the right amount for efficiency
- Inspecting the thermostat and coordinating its operation with the air conditioner
- Examining and testing blower components, then adjusting as needed to make sure that the system’s airflow is functioning well
- Removing dirt and grime from evaporator and condenser coils, thereby improving efficient operation and transfer of heat
- Lubricating all of the unit’s moving parts, which will lessen friction and improve electricity consumption
- Inspecting the system as a whole and checking that the cooling cycle stages are normal
It’s also necessary for the homeowner to periodically check elements of the AC system’s operation. Here’s what you should be looking for:
- Furnace filters: It’s surprisingly easy for these to be clogged with dirt and debris. You’ll be amazed at how many indoor pollutants are filtered out. Inspect these filters monthly and replace as needed. This is a very simple task that can make a big difference in the efficiency and effectiveness of your system.
- Registers: Take a look at every register. Is each one set to open? Can the air flow into the house, or is the register blocked by items like rugs or furniture? Keep the registers clear and the louvers open to achieve the best airflow.
- Thermostat: It’s time to reset the thermostat for summer. Find the most accurate and efficient way to program your thermostat for the summer months.
- Condenser: The outdoor unit is going to be exposed to elements like grass clippings, leaves, twigs and mulch. Clearing this away and cleaning the condenser will help improve efficient operation.
Are you looking for professional AC service in Oklahoma City, OK? Then you’ve come to the right place! Family owned and operated since 1994, Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning has earned a reputation for providing quality, timely and affordable heating and air conditioning services to the residents and businesses around the region. Our experienced and knowledgeable technicians specialize in a wide range of services, including the sales, service and installation of heating and air conditioning systems, filtration systems, air decontaminating UV lamps, dehumidifiers and humidifiers, carbon monoxide detectors, preventative maintenance, air quality systems and more. We pride ourselves on installing high-efficiency comfort systems designed to be the most cost-effective on the market and geared to your particular property. Give us a call right now and get a free estimate!
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer