Most people think of heat when they think of summer. But the humidity is a real problem, too. Damp spots pop up along with mold, which can damage your home and cause health problems for your family. Many people think that purchasing an expensive dehumidifier is the only way to reduce humidity in the home. Luckily, that’s not the case.
The reality is that having a top-notch AC service in Oklahoma City, OK on call will be very helpful in reducing the impact of humidity. Here are some of the leading signs that your home is suffering from the effects of high humidity—and what you can do about it:
- Mold spots: There are a few target areas in the home that are likely to have mold growing in them. These include the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. That’s because of the high level of water usage in these areas. When combined with humidity, mold spores are likely to grow. These appear as small dark spots and indicate that there’s an issue.
- Water damage: You may think that water damage in the walls or ceiling is the result of a leaking pipe. But these stains may appear because of excess humidity as well. It’s best to seek the help of a professional to locate the exact source of water damage.
- Musty smells: These are typically the result of the growth of mildew and mold. That’s because these organisms grow what are known as microbial volatile organic compounds. Even if you don’t see evidence of mold, you may smell it because mold can hide in ventilation ducts and under carpets or wallpaper.
One way to combat mold is to purchase a dehumidifier and run it all day. However, there are several other things you can do that are also effective:
- Ventilation: Open windows and doors and keep the fans running to make the air in the home circulate well. Make sure to do this for at least a couple hours a day.
- Air conditioning: This will cool down the rooms and reduce humidity to combat the sultry summer air.
- Replace furnace and AC filters: These filters are liable to clog with dirt, dust and debris. This slows them down and makes them less efficient. It’s a good practice to replace the filters regularly so that the system works at its highest level and removes humidity from the air.
Do you need the best in AC service in Oklahoma City, OK? Family owned and operated since 1994, Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning has earned a reputation for providing quality, timely and affordable heating and air conditioning services to the residents and businesses of Oklahoma City and the surrounding areas.
Our team includes knowledgeable technicians who specialize in a wide range of services, including the sales, service and installation of heating and air conditioning systems, filtration systems, air decontaminating UV lamps, dehumidifiers, humidifiers, carbon monoxide detectors, preventative maintenance, air quality systems and more. We pride ourselves on installing high-efficiency comfort systems designed to be the most cost-effective on the market and geared to your particular property. Give us a call right now to learn more and get a free quote!
Categorised in: Air Conditioning Service
This post was written by Writer