As a homeowner with a central HVAC system, you’re aware of the need to maintain both the air conditioning and heating units. They must be in good working order to ensure your indoor comfort all year long. But you mustn’t forget another crucial component of your HVAC systems: the ductwork. Unfortunately, when it comes to ducts, “out-of-sight, out-of-mind” tends to be a common attitude. A measurable amount of air can be lost due to leaks, holes and loose connections in ductwork.
The good news, though, is that you probably don’t have to replace your ducts. Instead, a professional HVAC company specializing in ductwork can seal your ducts. Sealing is more cost-effective and easier than replacing the entire duct system. Let’s take a closer look at the importance and benefits of duct sealing in Oklahoma City, OK:
- Improved air quality: It may seem reasonable to believe that the air inside your home is healthier than the air outside, but that’s not always the case. To be sure you’re breathing in clean air, replace dirty air filters, dust and vacuum regularly and make sure you don’t have leaky ducts. Much like air drafts coming in through poorly sealed windows and doors, leaky ductwork can contaminate the air inside your home with pollutants from outside, including pollen, mold spores, vehicle exhaust, pesticides, dust and more. Sealing your ducts banishes pollutants and improves indoor air quality.
- Better energy efficiency: When duct sealing is done correctly, your home’s energy efficiency can improve by as much as 20 percent. If not sealed, ducts can leak and require your system to expend more energy to function normally. The heater and air conditioner will cycle more often, which in turn increases your energy bills. Also, sealing reduces indoor humidity and the risk of mold and mildew growth.
- More cost savings: The harder your heating and cooling systems have to work, the more the units turn on and off, and the more power they draw. Leaky ducts can be the cause of longer running times, resulting in higher energy bills. Having your ductwork sealed gives the thermostat—and your bank account—a break.
- Safety: Natural gas-powered appliances like water heaters, furnaces and clothes dryers release gases into the air. These include carbon monoxide and other harmful combustible gases. Leaky ducts can create backdrafts, meaning these gases are likely to enter your living spaces instead of being released outdoors. Duct sealing helps push these gases outside and away from your family.
- Consistent air distribution: It’s hard to feel comfortable in your own home when the air from your heater or cooler is unevenly distributed throughout the home. As common as hot and cool spots may be, know that it’s not the norm. In fact, this is a sign that your ductwork is not able to circulate the air properly. Seal your ducts to correct this problem.
If you want more information about duct sealing in Oklahoma City, OK, don’t hesitate to contact the team of professionals at Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning. Call us today to arrange a consultation!
Categorised in: Duct Sealing
This post was written by Writer