Air purifiers are a feature you can add to your HVAC system to make your air cleaner and fresher. They work by using a series of internal fans to pull the air through filters that extract harmful particles like dust, bacteria and pollen. Your HVAC air purifier in Oklahoma City, OK then circulates the air back into the room, and the process continues to repeat itself a few times each hour.
Here are just a few of the biggest reasons why you should consider adding an air purifier to your home’s HVAC system:
- Clean air: The most obvious benefit of an air purifier is that it allows you and your family to constantly breathe clean air. This is a big deal when you consider the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates indoor air is actually usually anywhere from two to five times dirtier than the air outdoors, and sometimes significantly dirtier than that if HVAC maintenance is poor.
- Neutralize smoke: If you have smokers in your house, it’s particularly important that you use an air purifier. Smoke stinks, and it seeps into the walls and furnishings of your home. Air purifiers help to trap smoke before it gets into your furnishings and décor.
- Trap allergens: If you have pets, they are a major source of airborne allergens due to the fur and dander they release. Air purifiers help to neutralize those airborne allergens, as well as the bad smells associated with pets, before they settle.
- Remove odors: Air purifiers help to prevent unpleasant odors from lingering in your home. These could be the smells associated with cooking, burnt food, garbage or other unpleasant smells that might form in your home.
- Healthier environment: Air purifiers can help you prevent germs and bacteria from spreading, which will keep everyone in your home healthier. HEPA air purifiers that feature UV bulbs capture and neutralize as much as 99.97 percent of all airborne germs you’d like to avoid in your home. Because air purifiers remove dust and other particles from the air, this also helps to keep your lungs healthier. These particles can cause problems when they get into your lungs, and an air purifier will prevent that from happening.
- Trap dust: Air purifiers also make excellent dust traps. No matter how clean you keep your home, you can expect dust to accumulate. An air purifier will trap that dust before it gets a chance to settle in your home, so you won’t have to worry about cleaning and dusting as frequently.
- Variety: There is a wide variety of air purifiers on the market. You shouldn’t have any problem finding a purifier that comes in the right size and has the right features for you to keep the air in your home at a certain standard of quality.
These are just a few examples of some of the biggest benefits associated with the use of HVAC air purifiers for better indoor air quality in Oklahoma City, OK. Contact Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning today for more information about the services we offer.
Categorised in: Indoor Air Quality
This post was written by Writer