Summer is fast approaching, and before it arrives it’s important to be sure your air conditioning system is working properly and ready to do its job. There are few things more frustrating than having the first hot, humid day of the year arrive, only to turn on your air conditioning for relief and find that your AC is just blowing warm air in Oklahoma City, OK.
One of the best ways of making sure your air conditioning constantly functions properly is to schedule a service appointment with an HVAC professional. There are also some steps you can take to encourage proper AC function, and part of that involves knowing the reasons why you’re having your AC blowing warm air.
Here are a few of the most common reasons for the AC hot air problem in Oklahoma City, OK:
- Electrical problems: Your problem could be a loss of power to the outside unit. Your first step should be to check the circuit breaker and the system’s emergency shutoff switch. If the circuit breaker is still on, it could be an issue with wiring, or another non-electrical issue entirely. If resetting the circuit breaker fixes the problem, just make sure to keep an eye on the system moving forward—if the circuit breakers are constantly tripping, that’s the sign of a serious electrical issue.
- Thermostat issue: The problem might not lie with the air conditioning system itself, but with the thermostat. It could be something as simple as you having the wrong settings on your thermostat—you should make sure the system is set for cooling and that the fan is set to “auto” rather than “on.” In some cases, the problem may be with the wiring to the thermostat, which will require professional help for you to resolve.
- Dirty systems: It can be a good idea to inspect the physical condition of your air conditioning system. If you see an excess of dirt and debris, then this could be causing inefficient operation or preventing cool air from flowing through the system. The areas that are most likely to need to be cleaned are the condenser unit and the air filter. Both areas, when packed with dirt and debris, would block the path of cool air from flowing through the system.
- Low refrigerant levels: One of the most common reasons air conditioners begin blowing warm air is because they have low levels of refrigerant. In such a case, you’re almost certainly going to need the assistance of a professional, because refrigerant levels will almost always only get low if there is a leak somewhere in the system.
- Leaking ductwork: Another problem that requires the assistance of professionals, leaking ductwork can result in inefficient operation and cause the cold air to spill out of your system before it actually reaches your vents.
These are just a few of the most common issues that lead to warm air coming from an air conditioner. For more information about how to resolve these problems and to learn more about AC repair in Oklahoma City, OK, contact Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning today.
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer