Spring Energy-Saving Tips for Your Home

February 16, 2022 11:13 pm Published by Leave your thoughts

As winter comes to a close and the start of spring draws nearer, many people feel restored excitement and invigoration around opportunities to reduce their environmental impact. Making such changes can be especially enticing when they also help you save money. The work to become more mindful about saving energy in spring begins in your home.

If you want to learn more about how to save money and conserve emissions, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll cover a whole host of tips to help you save energy.

When you set about your spring cleaning this year, keep these tips in mind and dedicate some time to implement these spring energy-saving tips in your home.

Five tips for energy saving in spring

Saving energy doesn’t have to start with a huge project or big initial investment. You can see improvement in your environmental impact by making intentional use of things you likely already have in your home, taking on small maintenance tasks or investing in home upgrades. No matter your budget, you can cut costs and emissions in your home. Here are some tips for getting started:

  • Use fans to cool your home: Window and ceiling fans can have a big impact on your effort to cool your home during the warmer months. Even running on their highest settings, ceiling fans only use about 75 watts of power. Compared to your air conditioner’s almost 2,000 watts, using fans more often can lower your energy bill and emissions.
  • Seal windows and doors: A low-effort, high-impact DIY project you can take on this spring is resealing your windows and doors. If you’re paying to cool your home, but warm air is still getting in, you’re wasting money and energy. Grab some caulk or weatherstripping material, and seal any gaps you find around entryways in your home to save 5 to 30 percent in your annual energy costs.
  • Upgrade lighting: Traditional incandescent bulbs use only 10 percent of their electricity to produce light—the other 90 percent becomes heat. If you’re trying to cool your home, these bulbs will counteract your efforts. Switch to LED bulbs, which use 75 percent less energy and last up to 25 times as long.
  • Upgrade windows: Old, single-pane windows let in lots of UV rays from the sun, warming your home considerably throughout the day. Upgrade to energy-efficient double-pane windows to cut costs on cooling your home.
  • Get an AC tune-up: Having your AC serviced by a professional will keep it running as smoothly as possible all summer long. They’ll check on refrigerant levels, inspect ducts for gaps or damage and address any leaks that need repair before any minor issues escalate.

Making your home more energy efficient can be a hassle, but working with a professional can make difficult tasks less cumbersome. If you want to keep your home cool while saving energy this spring, reach out to the team at Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning. We’ll install, repair or service your air conditioner to help efficiently cool your home this summer.

Categorised in:

This post was written by Writer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *