Here at Dailey Heating & Air Conditioning, we help customers ensure they have proper AC winterization and ensure that they aren’t in danger of a winter AC shutoff. It is incredibly important to keep the AC as operational as it should be. This is why we need to look at how to keep your AC protected as the weather changes.
Winterize Your AC Before the Weather Changes
Winter is more severe in some places than others, but it has a potentially damaging impact no matter where you happen to live. The point is that you need to ensure that your AC is fully functional no matter what weather you are dealing with at this time.
The winterization of your AC means you don’t have to worry much about what the weather is doing. You will know beyond a doubt that your AC will stay protected even when the weather changes.
Prepare Your AC For Winter: How To Do It
The first thing you will need to do before preparing your AC for winter is to learn how to shut off AC so you can begin working on it. Again, this is a necessary step to take so that you don’t risk hurting yourself or damaging your unit in any way when you are just trying to get some basic work done on your unit.
To get things set up properly for your AC unit, you will need to take the following steps:
- Vacuum debris from the outside fins of the unit. Wipe it away completely before you begin.
- Unscrew the top grill and set it off to the side. Take the fan out carefully and slowly without disconnecting or damaging wires.
- Get rid of any debris from inside the unit and gently wipe it up.
- Spray the fins of the unit with a water hose. Make sure you keep the water pressure at a moderate rate.
- Place the fan back in, return the cover to its original position, and then restore power to the unit when you have finished all of this.
A step-by-step process like this can help you get the results you need from your AC winterization process.
Lengthen the Lifespan of Your AC Unit
The ability to lengthen your AC’s lifespan is possible when you take the time to protect it from the elements. You should be sure to make sure you are taking all the necessary steps to keep it safe.
Your AC unit is extremely valuable. Ensuring that it will work for you in the long run is the best way to get the kind of value that you need from it. However, if you don’t take the steps you need to, you will end up losing at least some of the value you should have been able to receive from your unit. Take this into careful consideration and realize that this is the way forward to maintain the value you need out of your unit.
Categorised in: Air Conditioning
This post was written by admin